Monday, March 06, 2006

Potpourri

I have several things to blog but I will be lazy and do it all in one entry.

Geeks R Us

So - Sunday night Luke and I were in bed watching TV. He leaned over to kiss me and our glasses clinked together. We chuckled about that being geeky. Then we reviewed our activities of the day. Our HD TIVO's hard drive had died the day before. So - we bought a new one - stuck it in our desktop and put the TIVO OS on it and popped it back in the TIVO. We then took the old TIVO one reformatted it - found it was workable again and fiddled with all our drives in the computer, moved some data around and put it back together. Pretty geeky activities. Of course - I did have a hard drive residing on my bedside table for over a year from when we hacked our bedroom TIVO. That's a good sign too.

How to traumatize your five-year old

Poor Nathan. I went through a car wash today. He hates this particular one because it is very loud. He started screaming when the water started. I looked back and soap and water were streaming in the pop-out windows in the back of the van by him. I promptly closed them - no big deal - but he was so upset. He just cried until it was over. Unfortunately I couldn't stop laughing.

Why I LOVE Colorado

I love the weather in Colorado. It is almost always sunny and the weather has great fluctuations from one day to the next. Not so long ago it was -12. Today it was 70. It will still snow and get plenty cold before summer but I love these *bonus* spring days we get here and there.

1 comment:

Kate said...

#1 Definitely very geeky. Especially the glasses clinking. LOL

#2 Poor Nathan, your Mommy is a big meanie! LOL Julie has the same reaction to the car wash, but Rachel loves it.

#3 I have also been *LOVING* this weather! It's been so nice to get the kids outside to play.