First the sad...
I went to Wal-mart yesterday. I glanced at the clearance rack in the boys department. They had a pair of boys snow pants for $5. They were too big - maybe the right size for Nathan in a year or so. I wanted to buy them and pack them away. I just couldn't do it. I just cannot buy clothes ahead for Nathan. I picture myself coming accross the pants and Nathan is no longer with us. This is not the first time this has happened. For some reasons buying clothes based on a bigger older Nathan is one step I just can't quite take. It was a big bummer in what was just supposed to be a routine grocery shop on a morning without the big kids.
Now the funny...to me anyway
Nathan was smelling a plastic bag (why do kids have to smell everything?).
He told Julia it smelled like oxygen. These little warped things from his medical life always make me laugh.
Also -this morning Luke finally proved to Nathan and Julia they were not drinking Seventy Delight. He had Nathan read the bottle. We had tried to tell them it was Sunny but they didn't quite believe us.
2 comments:
He was so convinced that it was a number too. He sounded it out, "sssss uuuuu nnnnnnn eeeeeee", then paused and said, "Twenty?". I said, "It is not a number!" and he said, "Oh. Sunny.".
That's exciting that he can read that. How funny, and how satisfying it must be to resolve it by, "Here, read it yourself."
Post a Comment