Monday, July 07, 2008

Great Weekend

We had an ideal summer weekend this past weekend. Luke got back from his trip late Thursday night. Friday morning we hung around home a bit and did some shopping. After Lauren's nap we went to a friend's house for a 4th of July get-together. The weather was perfect and the kids and adults hung out, inside and outside. Kids caught bugs and picked flowers and later did the slip and slide. I can't remember a single fight breaking out the whole time. We had lots of good food and drink and then went out front where the kids rode bikes, kids and adults played with water balloons and sat on the grass eating watermelon. There were lots of really good unofficial fireworks going off. We left before the official ones started and went to bed.

Saturday we went to the pool as soon as it opened. It was hot and sunny which is something it hasn't really been much yet this summer here in Colorado. It is a brand new pool at a club we belong to and it has a great shallow water area with a play structure as well as a deeper part of the pool, a lazy river and 2 waterslides. After we were there for a while Julia found a friend from preschool and another new "pool" friend and took off to play with them. She can touch almost everywhere in the whole complex and so could go off and play without much supervision. One good thing is that her friend wanted to go down the waterslide. Julia had been unsure about trying it until her friend was going. I went down before her and then she went and loved it. It was so nice out that we ate lunch there and spent 3 hours splashing around. We were all a little sunburnt despite plenty of sunscreen.

We came home and Lauren napped and I went grocery shopping. I suppose this is where the weekend gets less fun because Luke hurt his neck a little on the waterslide and he worked for a few hours Saturday and Sunday afternoons. We went to church yesterday morning and relaxed the rest of the day.

I have not a single picture from the weekend to share - we were too busy having fun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a good weekend! You'll need to tell me what club that is because it sounds HEAVENLY!!!

Anonymous said...

I am SO glad you had a great time on the 4th!!! We REALLY did too!!! I have some pictures and video of the slip-n-slide that I haven't uploaded onto the computer yet, so remind me to send them your way. ;) Can you bring guests to the club? ;) Sorry about Luke's neck, how is he doing now?