This is a place I used to go with my family growing up and so it was nice to go back there. We lucked out because we went fairly early in the day and it was still cool and overcast (but humid, of course) and I don't think we saw anyone else there the whole time besides the workers.
The girls had fun running around and looking at all the statues and plants. There is a polo field there and so we set them free to run, run, run in the grass. We don't have expanses of grass like that here in Colorado Springs.


5 comments:
What a gorgeous place to take your beautiful family. I'm happy that you had such a nice time. God bless you.
Don't you just love how a child can have absolutely nothing but a field of grass...and find incredible joy just running through it?
I love that Julia obviously loves that dress so much! It makes me smile to see her wearing it...it was one of Brady's favorites too. It's held up well!
ah, the images of you and Luke and the girls in the sunken garden. . . that sure brought back memories (mainly of what might have been, if we had had the wedding there as originally planned--the ceremony there in the sunken garden, the reception under big white tents there on that lawn. the only flaw to our plan that we were planning it for August! we would have been picnicing in puddles of sweat!). You realize Doug proposed to me at Allerton Park, right? I wish I knew the name of the area--it was just a long path with lots of cool statues and at one point a convenient bench on which we sat for what seemed like forever while he got up the nerve (or made up his mind? ; ) Thank you so much for posting these (and the previos) pics of IL, since it has been a looooooooooong time since I have seen it. (and when was the last time I saw so much neatly mown grass in one place?????)
love, lisa
Now how many little girls can say they got to sit on a fish on there summer vacation? What a gorgeous place! I loved the last picture Luke looked like he was listening to the little guy play his music.
That is amazing, the pictures are lovely ;)
Post a Comment