Many years ago when my parents moved out of my childhood home I received boxes full of random stuff. I pulled out once such box the other day and found some things my mother had kept after having my brothers in 1968 and 1969. Click on images to read.


I also found the Hospital's Maternity booklet. Here are some sample pages



My favorite parts are about the father not being allowed in the delivery room and about refraining from sex for the last 2 months. Why?
8 comments:
My favorites are that you must bring your own shower cap with you to the hospital (heaven forbid you ruin your salon wave in the shower after 10 hours of labor!!!) and that you are not allowed to talk on the phone while the baby is with you. (were they worried about electrocution?? the mother being completely incapable of doing two things at one time and dropping the baby???)
Thanks for the laughs, Susan, esp. since we are looking at the projected bills for our next one. . . : )
uh, that was lisa by the way.
I was born in 1968 and have similar stuff in my baby collection. I know, how weird is this? Also, of course the doctor is ALWAYS a man!
I've been reading your blog for a long time - can't believe this is my first comment - but I have kept you in my prayers.
Wow, I'm so thankful times and policies have changed!
LOL - How nice would it be to deliver a baby (boy at that) for under $300 - I can barely fill up my beast of vehicle for that!
I love the cautioning of falling in the tub......but scratch my head on the stress on only 1 person accompanying you to the Hospital......it's not like they were going to actually let them in to see you. Maybe they had extremely small waiting rooms....
Thansk for the smiles and laughs with this.
LOL that was great!!! I love reading stuff like that!
What's funny is when my oldest was born just 10 years later (1978) things had really changed! By the time my last one was born in 1990, they asked me if I wanted to go home 2 hours after he was born!!!! I told them NO WAY! I had 3 other kids and I needed the break!
Connie
Hilarious! My, my have times changed. lol Thanks for sharing :-)
Post a Comment