Sunday, May 18, 2008

Hard

This morning as I sat in the choir loft getting ready to sing th introit I looked at he bulletin and saw we were about to sin "Joyful, Joyful, We Adore Thee". I USED to love singing it but it was Nathan's favorite hymn and we sang it at his funeral and so it is now hard to sing. I was definitely teary while singing it but did OK. The only thing is that they broadcast the services over the web and then zoom right in our faces us as we sing. So - I am hoping I didn't get zoomed in on this morning. I am sure people might wonder why such a Joyful song would have someone in tears. Oh well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it is totally understandable why that song would make you sad and I think the one this song would most matter too, God, would undertand this better than anyone. After all, He lost a son too:(

Rita

Anonymous said...

Ironically, the more joyful the song to God the more likely I am to be in tears during it! So I long ago stopped worrying about what people might be thinking of me singing with tears running down my cheeks in church. If I feel God with me, I cry. God is with you when you are singing to Him, so let it flow.

Love,

Lisa