Friday, May 02, 2008

Bedtime habit

I watch TV to go to sleep every night. I know it isn't ideal for Luke (not that he has ever complained!) so last night I did not turn on the TV because we had just come upstairs from watching ER for the last hour. We chatted off and on and then he got sleepy and I was still wide awake plus I started getting flashes of the images of Nathan lying dead on an air mattress on our bedroom floor while we waited for the girls and my parents to get home so they could say their goodbyes and then while we waited for the people to come pick up his body.

So..I turned on the TV and watched until I fell asleep (and then woke up soon after and turned it off). I'll guess I'll try again in the future but for now the TV is going to have to stay on.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whatever gets you through the night.

~A~ said...

(((HUGS)))

I have to fall asleep with the TV on too. Bo doesn't like it either. :)

xoxo

Constance said...

There is a scripture that comes to mind from Zephaniah,
"The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing." (3:17)

Saying a prayer for the One who knows us intimately to give you peace through the long night.
In Him,
Coonnie

OMH said...

Hugs - bunches and bunches of Hugs and even more prayers for you!

Constance - wow God has shown me the scripture every day for a week..... I am trying to cling to it also...Susan may you find the comfort in it that I have found each time I have read it!

Leigh said...

like your memories of nathan, there are memories of paul all over our house, our church and our town. everywhere i go, it's a place i once went with paul and a memory of him. sometimes the memory makes me smile; sometimes it makes me cry.

whether smiling or crying, may you cling to the promise that each day is one day closer to spending eternity with Jesus and Nathan.

thinking of you,
leigh saxon

Gberger said...

I'm so sorry about your RMcD House experience. I answered your comment on my blog, just in case you didn't check back.
Bless you!