Monday, January 09, 2006

Why I love my iPod

Luke got me an iPod for my birthday in September and I have been slowly putting music on it. A few weeks ago I was listening to it while folding Laundry. I had it shuffling all songs. I absolutely love shuffle. I enjoy the surprise of what song plays next. "The Final Countdown" by Europe came on. This is a song I would not normally pick to listen to, yet I added it one time after going through old CDs. I thoroughly enjoyed listening to it - at full volume while folding baby clothes - yet none of the rest of my family had to be subjected to it.

I finally put my A-ha CDs on it the other day and while it was just Lauren and I in the car this morning I escaped back to the 80s.

I have not even come close to filling my iPod. I think I am too picky about what music to put on it and so in the end I miss songs that I don't choose to put on it - but if I did I would enjoy. So - I need to have a second go-around with my CD collection and add more music.

Finally, in closing I have to say the iPod makes an excellent buffer from the screams of fighting children.

4 comments:

Matt Dick said...

You are finding exactly the joy I have -- finding yourself hearing a song you wouldn't ever have listened to again if it weren't for the fact that you could have it on there without having to remove anything else.

Anonymous said...

I have not yet choosen to shuffle. I'm not a fan of shuffle. Maybe within a genre, but definatly not shuffle through everything. I find it too jarring.

I love playlists. Tightly controlled varitey, I guess :-)

Matt Dick said...

I shuffle all 37GB of music I own and I love the option.

Unknown said...

I'm not a shuffler either. I hardly ever shuffle. The exceptions are our Christmas music and if I get in the mood to put 4 or 5 cds all of the same artist in the changer and shuffle. I did that with Clapton's Crossroads box set the other day and enjoyed it. I can't get into the sometimes jarring transitions of switching between artists and/or genres of drastic differing styles.