Sunday, January 08, 2006

How I kept from singing...

Well - I didn't get to choir practice or church this week. Wednesday evening I was not feeling well enough to go to practice and this morning we were concerned about Nathan being up to going since he is having some side effects from chemo. We could have gone to a later service this morning after we determined Nathan was OK - but unless we have a plan in place it is hard to get motivated after spending some morning time in our pajamas. We are used to being out of the house at 7:00 am.

We actually had a pretty dull weekend. It was filled with cleaning, laundry and disciplining children. Nathan has really started to develop a mouth on him and an attitude to go with it. At the same time he still cries like a baby when anything does not go his way. We are also in a constant battle to get Nathan and Julia to pick up their toys.

I did get to go out briefly with some other moms to PF Changs. We usually meet at 8:00 for dinner. Since I have to nurse Lauren at 9:00 I could only have dessert last night.

Boy - this is one of the most boring blog entries ever. I felt like I should write one - but perhaps writing for the sake of an updated entry is not wise. Next time I will wait until I have something interesting to write.

Random parting thought: The other day Luke was surprised when he was proofing an email I wrote to one of Nathan's oncologists. He thought it odd and, I think, antiquated that I use two spaces after a period. He said his company went to one space a long time ago. Is this standard now? Am I out of it? Please tell me what you do.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always use two spaces after a period. I suppose Pat is really the one we should ask...

Anonymous said...

2 spaces.

Matt Dick said...

2 spaces for me. I couldn't change if I wanted to at this point, I'd have to go back and edit it every time.

shadowfax said...

2 spaces -- it's more readable. I often use three in text that is going to be printed.

Luke's company has a style recommendation about that? Now that is weird.

Kate said...

2 spaces. Definitely.

KSquared said...

I am going to go with 2 spaces too. It just seems normal!