Monday, January 02, 2006

Dull miscellany

CHOIR
I did sing in church choir yesterday. I didn't have much of a voice - but enough of one to enjoy taking part. Before Lauren came along I sang at the 8:00 and 9:30 services. We normally leave the house at 7:00 am. This was our first attempt to attend the 8:00 since Lauren was born. I set my alarm for 5:50 am in order to have time to get ready and to feed Lauren. We left the house only 7 minutes late. Not bad! There is something inherently unnatural about waking up a 6 week old baby though.

As the choir sat ready to practice prior to the service the minister preaching (not the usual one) came in to pray but beforehand make a crack about us all needing to get a life since we were actually at church at 7:30 am New Years Day. It didn't go over all that well...I don't think he quite meant it the way it came out.

DOG
It is not a good thing for new carpets when a dog eats a whole gallon bag of peanut brittle...'nuff said

FREECYCLE
Yesterday I ventured into the crawlspace and cleaned it out. I pulled out all of the boy clothes stored in there and sorted them. I then offered up 7 boxes on freecycle. Freecycle's goal is to keep items out of landfills by bringing together a local group of people to give and take unwanted things. I have only ever offered items and not taken any since I am just the kind of person who would prefer to jut go out and buy something if I need it - but I am so happy to be able to give my uwanted things to others who want them. Great service.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you got to sing in the choir.

Freecycle sounds cool. We usually build up a pile of stuff on the front "porch" and eventually take it to Good Will.

Matt Dick said...

We keep a good will bag or two and when we field the calls from the volunteers we make an appointment if the bag(s) are full enough.

By the way, no post is dull when it mentions dogs and peanut brittle. It's not a wonderful mental image, but it certainly isn't dull.

Unknown said...

The "dogs and peanut brittle" aftermath wasn't such a pretty reality picture.