Sunday, January 15, 2006

Our weekend....


We just got back from a wonderful weekend in the mountains.

We took off late Friday afternoon for Grand Lake, CO. The sky was a very unusual color as the sun set so I snapped the shot on the left from the moving car.

We met my brother and his family at the house they have there.

They wanted to go skiing and to put their 3 year old into ski lessons so we put Nathan and Julia in as well. We were not terribly optimistic about either of them enjoying it and were generally concerned about Nathan having the strength and stamina physically - and the stick-to-it-iveness mentally. Well - they both LOVED skiing and did really well. I can't begin to tell you how amazing it was to see Nathan skiing after all he has been through.

















This morning we had fun sledding down the hill behind the house. The snow there is several feet deep and the weather was 30s and sunny so it made for perfect sledding weather.















All in all a very fun weekend. I may blog about it more later - it has been a long day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks great. Glad you had such a good time. I think its neat Julia and Nathan can start to enjoy skiing so young.

Kate said...

I am so happy that Nathan and Julia enjoyed themselves. They look like naturals! Glad you guys had a great weekend, you guys deserve it!

(((HUG)))