This documentary is billed to be a very real look at the issues families dealing with childhood cancer deal with. I imagine it will be difficult to watch. I plan on Tivo-ing it to watch when I am ready. Any of you who have wondered what it is life for us...this program might give you an insight.
It airs Wednesday June 21 and Thursday June 22 on PBS
Independent Lens . A LION IN THE HOUSE | PBS
4 comments:
We are taping it too. (Notice I used the word "taping" and not "Tivoing" or "DVRing". We live in the 90s here in Normal IL.) Thanks for telling us about this program. Knowledge is power.
Hello. I watched it while I was TIVO'g it. It wasn't easy to watch, but I couldn't turn away from it.
On a side note, I came to "know" Susan's story through IVILLAGE's Nov. '05 group. I am originally from Illinois (live in FL now). I have lots of family in Normal and Bloomington - how odd is that?
Sondra - my husband and I are both originally from Illinois - me from Champaign and he from Cerro Gordo (small town near Decatur)
Susan:
I was born in Greenville, lived for a small time in Carlyle and moved to Ocala, FL in 1982 (when I was 12) Most of our family is in either Bloomington or Litchfield, with a few scattered south of there. Right now we are considering a move, but I'm not sure snow would work well with 4 Florida born children. Thanks for taking the time to write back. I've kind of lost touch with the whole ivillage group.
Sondra
Post a Comment