Thursday, June 15, 2006

Bravery

brav·er·y


noun

Definition:
great courage: courage in the face of danger, difficulty, or pain

I have been thinking about that word since many people told Nathan how brave he was over the last few days. I wondered to myself if bravery was more about taking on difficult things that were NOT required and so I wondered if the word properly applied to him. Now that I see the definition I see that indeed, it does.

4 comments:

~A~ said...

I would say it does. And for you too.

xoxo

Daelyn Fortney said...

Sending our love to all of you. :-)

Anonymous said...

I like this one: Courage - The state or quality of mind or spirit that enables one to face danger with self-posession, confidence, and resolution; bravery.

I've always thought of bravery not as "not being afraid" but rather as doing something in spite of being afraid.

I'd say both apply to Nathan - and to you and Luke, too.

Thinking of you.

Unknown said...

You are all very brave.

Susan, I know you don't want to be, but you are inspiration of grace.