Friday, June 09, 2006

An easy dinner

We have some leftover salad. I decided I would just make a pasta salad to go with it. I could make it this morning and dinner would be done.

Well - I decided I needed some bread - so I made some bread from scratch.

Then I remember we had a bag of granny smith apples in the pantry and so I decided I should make a pie *(more on that in a minute)

All the while Lauren had resisted all naps I tried to give her. So she *helped* me do all af the above plus the dishes.

So - now that I am done except for the pie in the oven she has finally decided to nap. I need one too!

*Back to the pie. Kathy - I am going to have to deny (for your sake) that we are related if anyone else sees this pie. Kathy, who is my mother-in-law, is a "pie-expert" as my kids say. I am ashamed of this pie. The crust is a wreck. It fell apart and so it has pieces stuck to it like patchwork. It is the ugliest pie! I just hope it tastes OK. I will need a refresher next month.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Susan, I'm sure the pie was delicious--after-all, there is nothing wrong with patchwork:) and it is the taste that counts. I am looking forward to baking pies with you and the kids next month.

Kate said...

Dude - you have a wonderful mother-in-law!

I want some pie!!! Does she make mince?