Monday, February 13, 2006

Tagged: Three things

I got tagged by Mommasita

3 names I answer to:
Susan
Mommy
Hun

3 parts of your heritage:
Irish
German
Swedish

3 things that scare me:
losing a child
spiders
nuclear war

3 of your everyday essentials:
my computer
cranberry juice
breast pump

3 things you are wearing right now:
jeans
gray long-sleeved T
diamond earrings

3 of your favorite songs:
Big Log - Robert Plant
Come What May - Nicole Kidman & Ewan McGregor
Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring - Bach

3 things about the opposite sex that appeal to you:
Intelligence
Kindness
Athleticism

3 things you want in a relationship (other than real love)
equal partnership
ability to laugh together
trust

3 of your favorite hobbies:
singing in choir
taking pictures of my kids
reading

3 Places you want to go:
Tahiti
Australia
Grand Canyon

3 things you want to do before you die:
learn how to ski
take a trip around the world with Luke
speak another language fluently

3 ways that you are stereotypically a female/male:
I scream at the sight of an insect in the house
I love to shop for clothes
I like talking on the phone

I will tag Anna and also tag readers Katie A. and Beth D. to answer in the comments

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure this is fair, Susan, tagging us non-bloggers...


3 names I answer to:
Bethany
Beth
Mama

3 parts of your heritage:
Swedish
German
Swiss

3 things that scare me:
Deep, dark water like lakes, oceans, or pools at night.
The idea of someone breaking into my house
Watching CSI by myself

3 of your everyday essentials:
Caffiene
My computer
My kids

3 things you are wearing right now:
Sweater
Slippers
Jeans

3 of your favorite songs:
John Henry - Harry Belafonte
Halt mich - Herbert Groenemeyer
You Know What I Mean - Phil Collins

3 things about the opposite sex that appeal to you:
Shirt and tie
A smile that reaches his eyes
A quick wit

3 things you want in a relationship (other than real love):
Respect
Humor
Having basic beliefs and ideals in common

3 of your favorite hobbies:
Genealogy
Crocheting
Logic Puzzles

3 Places you want to go:
Australia
Alaska
Pompeii

3 things you want to do before you die:
Learn to draw
Write down interesting tidbits of my childhood for my kids
View a truly amazing fireworks display in person

3 ways that you are stereotypically a female/male:
I color my hair
Rodents make me very jumpy
If there is a royal wedding on, I'll probably sit down and watch it.

Unknown said...

How long has it been since I knew you as Beth M? I couldn't figure out who "Beth D" was. I was like, "I know a 'Beth M' and a 'Beth V'. I wonder who 'Beth D' is?".

Anonymous said...

Luke, the technical answer is 12.5 years. Funny, since you only knew me as Beth M. for 13 months. Somewhere along the line, I finally started identifying myself with my "new" last name. And yet, when I go to stand in a line where the lines are split out and alphabatized by last name, I still veer toward the Ms before remembering to head to the Ds.

Anna said...

3 names I answer to:
Annie
Anne
Beth

3 parts of your heritage:
English
German
?

3 things that scare me:
getting mugged at gun point again
president bush
being home alone at night

3 of your everyday essentials:
my computer
my backpack
lip gloss

3 things you are wearing right now:
pajama pants
loyola t-shirt
claddagh ring

3 of your favorite songs:
Last Goodbye - Jeff Buckley
Pachelbel's Canon in D
C'est Si Bon - Eartha Kitt

3 things about the opposite sex that appeal to you:
Intelligence
Humor
Smile

3 things you want in a relationship (other than real love)
equal partnership
ability to laugh together
ability to be perfectly at ease with one another

3 of your favorite hobbies:
reading
singing
collecting books and movies

3 Places you want to go:
India
Greece
England

3 things you want to do before you die:
live in another country
speak another language fluently
have children

3 ways that you are stereotypically a female/male:
I adore shoes
I love having my hair done
I can't get enough of romantic comedies

Anonymous said...

Okay, please be patient as I am writing this at 2am (being the mother of 4 children 6 years old and younger...there are precious few moments when I am not carting someone around or mending bruises)

3 names I answer to:
Katie
Kate
Mommy


3 parts of your heritage:
German
French
Belgian


3 things that scare me:
Losing someone whom I love dearly
Messing up my kids somehow
Dying a long slow death


3 of your everyday essentials:
My husband
My kids
Checking my email

3 things you are wearing right now:
My pajamas (it's 2 am...the only time I found today to be withoug a child in tow)
My wedding ring
My glasses

3 of your favorite songs:
Mary Did You Know -- Kenny Rogers
Imagine *there's no heaven) --
Beautiful Boy (may have the title wrong)
Kyle will attest that I am terrible about song titles...I listen to *a lot* of country music...

3 things about the opposite sex that appeal to you:
Beautiful smile
kindness
sense of humor


3 things you want in a relationship (other than real love):
Compassion
good father to my children (definite turn on to watch my husband have fun with our kids)
To have Kyle make me laugh as I can be too serious!

3 of your favorite hobbies:
Reading
scrapbooking
walking

3 Places you want to go:
Hawaii
Italy or Greek Isles
Disney cruise with kids

3 things you want to do before you die:
Work in a library again
Complete the scrapbooks for the kids *way behind on this*
See my grandchildren


3 ways that you are stereotypically a female/male:
Would love to lose 20 pounds and look good in a pair of jeans
Wear make-up (when time allows...which is fairly seldom these days:)
Love to have my hair washed at the salon