It has been a stressful few days trying to figure out Nathan's scan schedule in New York and all the travel details. Mostly the decision about who will be going with Nathan is causing major angst. Luke and I have so many mixed feelings. We decided earlier today that everyone but Julia would be going. I am not having second thoughts about that. I just picture it from her perspective...her whole family heading off on an airplane without her. It tears me up. We are trying to balance what would be easiest, money, and emotions and there is no good answer. I am hoping i wake up tomorrow with a more clear idea of what is right.
I called our neighbors to see if they would care for our dog. They have cared for her in the past when we have been away for medical reasons. Their oldest daughter (16) also babysits for us. They told me that this daughter had just been diagnosed with Hodgkin's disease. I was floored. I just can't believe that they are also being affected by childhood cancer. It just sucks and darn it - I feel like since it happened to us that the rest of the neighborhood should statistically be exempt.
We all went to church tonight. I am just so emotionally tired that it was hard to concentrate but I am really looking forward to singing this Sunday. I will do a separate post about that.
I hope my stress level is down tomorrow and we can make a final decision about our trip.
5 comments:
Susan -- sorry to hear about all of this stress. I completely understand your feelings about how Julia would feel in such a situation...it is a really tough call. Have you mentioned it to her...how does she respond?? Hang in there and you are certainly in our prayers!!
-- Katie
HUGS! I hope you feel better today. Im so sorry to hear about your neighbor.
Do you have someone to take Julia?
Susan, I can't imagine the emotional stress of trying to figure all this out. I think it would leave my stomach in permanent knots. We're thinking of you.
Matt, Julia and Ethan are the same age - Julia is four now.
I've been thinking about you guys for days. (((((HUG)))))
I still can't get over your neighbor! I totally see where you are coming from on statistics.
Big hugs to you guys!
Post a Comment