Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Finally healthy

I have finally fully recovered from the bug we had as well as a bout of Mastitis that cropped up on Sunday. I was actualy able to go do a full grocery shopping trip yesterday while Nate and Jules were in school. I even made it to Julia's class party. Nathan also had one - but I am completely a "slacker mom" in his class. I haven't done one thing in his classroom. I would like to, but I do not have the time or ability with having a nursing baby. I figure by the time Lauren is Kindergarten I will be able to be one of those moms that does everything and fills the other moms with guilt.

Sleep is still running short in this house because Lauren is not sleeping. We believe she is teething. Nathan and Julia both got teeth at 4 months and I think Lauren is trying to beat them. After crying off and on for 2 or three hours I finally went and slept with her. She laid on my chest and whimpered. It was so sad. She is normally such a happy baby and she has been so cranky. I hope if it is teeth the first one hurries up and pokes through. The first one is always the worst.

I need to cut this short- I have a baby on me who seems to be waking up. She has her mouth burried in my shoulder. Poor thing.

2 comments:

shadowfax said...

Ouch, I am so sorry about the mastitis and the teething. Having not suffered through either (well, I was teething once but that was a long time ago and I don't remember it) but having vicariously done so, I feel for your pain.

Corwin just finished an unholy bout of teething and I was working nights the whole time so Liza just suffered and suffered. I forget how many bottles of ibuprofen and tylenol we have gone through.

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan! Glad you are feeling better. Hope Lauren's little tooth pokes through soon. :-)