Wednesday, February 01, 2006
If you can't trust your own mother....
Nathan has always been a pretty cautious kid. Yesterday he and Julia wanted to watch a movie. Of course, it was when I was nursing Lauren. They never need anything from me unless I am too busy. Nathan hunted down the portable DVD player and battery. I told him to try to put the battery on and he told me he didn't know if kids were allowed to do that. It took much more persuasion for him to try. He is convinced that batteries are dangerous. I suppose I told him one time not to play with batteries. The thing is - he didn't trust me when I told him it was OK. I finally told him that I am his mother and that I, of all people, would not have him do something dangerous. Sheesh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I have a friend whose 8 year old daughter has a peanut allergy. This summer when we were all at the lake friends DD came up and asked her about the ingredients on a package of cookies. Friend okayed them but DD kept asking her. After the 8th time flustered friend said, "Look DD, you're 8 years old and I haven't killed you yet, the cookies are okay!"
Post a Comment