Thursday, August 12, 2010

Night Terrors

I am sure I have written here several times about my night terrors.  They have become more cyclical in the last year which helps me to endure them.  The current run of them is really beating me up.  This current batch is lasting for HOURS and involves mice/rats in my bedroom.  I am repeatedly jumping out of bed, turning on the lights, putting on my glasses, generally running around my room.  Last night I jumped off the end of my bed over the footboard.  I am really glad my room is fairly clean right now because I could have landed on something pretty hard.

I am not terribly rested this morning and really need to continue on the current project of painting and moving furniture and books around the girls rooms/family room.  More on that later.

1 comment:

Blessed said...

I used to have the same waking dream when I was young, that my hamster teddy had escaped and I could *see* him under the covers (a moving lump) going over the side of the bed, and I would just out of bed and turn on the light and be looking for him, and Rebecca would wake up and set me straight. I never thought of those recurring "dreams" as night terrors. At least in mine it was my hampster and I was just worried he would escape, not anything scary!

Although sometimes here I do the same thing, except it is always a spider making a web over my head and coming down on a silk closer and closer to my face and I roll out of bed to get away. . .

But for me it is an every now and then thing--I am so sorry you have these all the time. : (