Friday, August 27, 2010

Holding Hands

Now that Lauren is going to the same preschool as Nathan and Julia it is bringing up a lot of memories.

From where I park I cut through a field to the portables outside the school.  There is a well-worn unofficial path there.  Yesterday as I was holding Lauren's hand walking down this path I could clearly remember doing the same with the other two.  It was very sweet.

Here is a picture taken on my cell phone of Nathan and Julia holding hands on the path after picking her up from preschool.




Nathan still held my hand as a 6/7 year old.  We'd get out of the van at the clinic and I'd take his hand as we walked to the door.  He and I went a lot of places together, just the two of us and even though the circumstances were not always the best I feel lucky I had that time with him.

Oh my gosh - for extra cuteness I just realized that Julia is wearing Nathan's coat.  She must not have had hers and he gave it to her.

1 comment:

Robin said...

Great pics and great memories...thanks for sharing