| Nathan, first day of 4 year old preschool |
Here you see a picture of Julia on her first day of 4 year old preschool...
...or not. Yes, I have just learned that due to the general havoc of August 2006 no such picture was taken. I just went to the caringbridge site and this was the entry from that day
Today started out a little rough. I had to wake Nathan up at 8:00 for his tutor who was coming at 9:00. He threw a big fit and was so mad about having school at home. Mostly - I think the problem was that I had woken him up.
He did really well with the tutor and afterwards told me how much fun he had.
Nathan's white count is up to .5 but he still has 0 immunity. He needs red blood and platelets tomorrow. His clinic has stopped giving red blood transfusions in the clinic (because of $$$$) and so we have to go to the hospital to get it. That stinks because of how long it takes. We are going in at 9:00 and, on hospital time - I am guessing he will be done around 4:30 ot 5:00.
Nathan will miss his tutoring for tomorrow but is set up for Wednesday and Thursday. Tomorrow they have back to school night at his school at 6:00. I am hoping to make it home in time.
Nathan got another case of hives late this afternoon. It is still a bit of a mystery why he is getting them. I think the medicine made him sleepy so he went right to bed after dinner. He also has an infected sore on his leg. They think it is either staph or strep. He has been started on an additional antibiotic to fight that. It is a little scary to think he has this infection on his skin - I hope it doesn't get into his bloodstream.
We are really hoping tosee some signs of immunity soon. Once he shows some signs we will start planning our trip to NY and some tests here as well. He has been having some hip pain so I am a little concerned about that.
So - that's the scoop - I am hoping for some days off of anything eventful to write about soon.
And what I wrote about it a few days later
Julia started preschool on Monday and seems to be enjoying it. She has the same teachers and classroom and many of the same children as last year and so it is an easy transition for her. She goes four afternoons a week. She is so funny. At dinner we were talking about friends who adopted a baby from China. Julia said that it was a very long way to China and it must take a really long time to drive there! Nathan chimed in that he bet they had to change planes alot to get to China. Guess you can tell who is our very literal traveler!
So - here is her school photo from September that year.
![]() |
| Julia 4 year old preschool - Fall 2006 |
OK - now to Lauren on her first day in that class
| Lauren - first day of 4 year old preschool |
| one more, after, where you can see her better |
I do have Julia's picture from her first day of 3 year old preschool...
| Julia - 2005 - first day of 3 year old preschool |
OK - so now I am just going to post some more back to school pics - they haven't had the same first day ever so there are different pictures:
| Lauren - first day of preschool 2009 |
| Nathan - first day of 1st grade - 2006 |


9 comments:
Great pics. We have one of James with his back pack waiting for the bus. Such a classic.
LOVE the pics. I can't get over how much Julia changed over the years--Nathan and Lauren did not change in their faces as drastically. And the looks on Nathan's face--so proud! So precious.
God DAMN you have some beautiful daughters. And I can't get over how blonde Lauren is. Lovely.
Lovely retrospetitve. They are all darling.
Beautiful kids; beautiful pictures.
Those "looking back" pictures always bring a lump to my throat because the olden days (when our kids are little) go by so fast. Sarah starts High School tomorrow and I miss the days when she was in pre-school.
Thanks for sharing.
Precious photos! I hope back to school continues to go smooth!
I love looking at the older pictures and seeing how the kids have changed. And it is always wonderful to see pictures of Nathan. Thanks for sharing.
Hi Susan,
I just wanted to point out that there is a picture of Lauren on her first day of preschool on your 2005 page of this blog. I remembered seeing it after scrolling through not too long ago, reading about Nathan's story.
Your girls are adorable and Nathan's school pictures are precious. I remember when you first posted each of those and thinking to myself how proud he looked. He always had that confidant look of a child that knows he is well loved, even despite everything he had to deal with.
Best school year wishes to both girls!
Rita
Thanks, Rita -while not the 4 year old picture I had forgotten that 3 year old one so I added it.
Post a Comment