Wintersong
Sarah McLachlan
The trees are white with snow
And all around
Reminders of you
Are everywhere I go
It's late and morning's in no hurry
But sleep won't set me free
I lie awake and try to recall
How your body felt beside me
When silence gets too hard to handle
And the night too long
And this is how I see you
In the snow on Christmas morning
Love and happiness surround you
As you throw your arms up to the sky
I keep this moment by and by
Oh I miss you now, my love
Merry Christmas, merry Christmas,
Merry Christmas, my love
Sense of joy fills the air
And I daydream and I stare
Up at the tree and I see
Your star up there
And this is how I see you
In the snow on Christmas morning
Love and happiness surround you
As you throw your arms up to the sky
I keep this moment by and by
4 comments:
How beautiful; I can see why it made you cry. Thanks for sharing the lyrics with us. God bless you!
Oh, but what beauty in the sadness--"love and happiness surround you." like a prayer, a blessing, as well as a memory. Thank you for trusting your readers with this.
Lisa
A very sad but beautiful song. It is snowing here in Kansas today and seeing this post yesterday, it made me think of your Nathan today. I hope it snows in heaven and your sweet boy can have a blast in it. I remember Nathan always loved to play in the snow.
Rita B
((HUGS)) Its is a beautiful song and I can also see why it made you cry. I was listening while your slideshow was going on yoru page and that made me cry. I wish Nathan could be with you this Christmas and every Christmas to come. (((HUGS)))
Post a Comment