Wednesday, October 15, 2008

New Poll

I have tried to keep politics out of my blog - especially since a few of the blogs I read are not keeping it out and I disagree so strongly with these people it makes it hard to read their blogs now and may change my view of them in the future. So - I don't want to do the same to my readers. However - I am curious how my readers are voting. So - please make your choice in my poll (in the sidebar) and if you leave a comment - please don't talk politics!

6 comments:

Vickie said...

I voted and won't discuss how I voted, but I did want to say that politics is an okay topic. Erin brings it up at dinner every night and is very curious about why people run for office and how people decide who to vote for.

VB

Tammy said...

I am having the same "Problem" with a few of the blogs I frequent. I voted. Luke and I have very similar political views so I assume you and I do as well. I'll be so glad when it's all over.

Pam said...

Yes I'll be glad when this is all out of the news.. but we still need to be on our knees for this country.. no matter who is elected.

BTW... you've been tagged. Hop over to see me for the info.

~Kay

Anonymous said...

A very good sign is how many more people seem to be paying closer attention to the election this year. I think the last debate had over 50 million viewers. That's great! More people should stayed informed and vote, regardless.

JimII said...

It seems that talking about talking about politics is okay. There is definitely smash mouth politics that can turn people off if they don't 100% agree with what you are saying. It would be good for the world if those who are uncomfortable with this unfriendly discourse, could nonetheless be able to exchange ideas and learn from each other.

I agree with Kay that no matter who is elected we need to stay involved. In many respects, after the election is when the work should begin.

I'm reminded of a bumper sticker a friend of mine from law school had. She was sort of quiet person, but very interested in what was right. Her bumper sticker read, "Raise your voice, even if it trembles."

JimII said...

A little instant clarification, I'm saying that bullies like me shouldn't be the only ones who get to talk about politics. There should be venues where nice people can talk about politics, too.