Thursday, October 23, 2008
Not offended easily
I sat in a coffee shop reading for a little while (When You are Engulfed in Flames, David Sedaris). I was the only customer in there for most of the time and then a friend of the sole employee arrived and they sat chatting. I sipped my coffee and read my book and didn't hear a word they said. I then decided to get up and leave and the friend apologized saying she was sorry if she was driving me away because they were talking about strippers. I told them I was reading and had not even heard them but I am not sure they believed me. As I rolled away in my minivan I am guessing they thought they offended me. I could have cared less if they were talking about strippers. What would have driven me away would have been if they were talking about how much they loved the presidential candidate I am not voting for and bashed the one I did vote for. I'd rather hear ANYTHING but politics right now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
LOL I could say the same thing. Get it over with already and lets be done with all the political talk. I am so DONE!
Hope you enjoyed your book!
I would never have thought to put it in the freezer! I am glad it worked though!
Post a Comment