Friday, April 20, 2007

Why we need a cure


These Pulitzer Prize winning photos are of a boy dying from neuroblastoma. They show the truth. Sure - people know that kids die from cancer but what they don't know is how barbaric the death can be. Who would want to know that? I know some horrible details about the death of some children. Dying from neuroblastoma is often a extremely painful process with tumors growing and pressing on internal organs, tumors growing visibly on a child's head and orbits. It is truly horrifying.

I hope these pictures make it to the computer screens in front of the lawmakers who will vote on the Conquer Childhood Cancer Act of 2007. How could they vote no after seeing this?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

As the prognosis has gotten grimmer over time, I've started to wonder what the end is like for children with this disease. I have quailed at asking, because I was afraid it would be like this.

Anonymous said...

I've sent mail to my Representative and to the New Mexico Congressmen, through CureSearch. I included a link to those photos.

JimII said...

Congressmen Jeff Flake (R AZ-06) replied to my call for him to not cut funding for childhood cancer research by explaining his opposition to earmarking.

So, children dying versus the buzzword of the week. He had to make a call.

I'm saving the letter for next election cycle.

LCL said...

that was so unbelievably powerful -

~Cam~ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Matt Dick said...

Dick Durbin's web page sent an email to an unknown address... government's great.

I have not heard back from Barak Obama or Melissa Bean.