I thought I would acknowledge the title of my blog this week. It happens to be very true right now. My choir is preparing the Brahms Requiem. We have been preparing this since February - but only committing a 1/2 hour per week as a whole choir with 4 weeks of hour long sectional rehearsals. I didn't think it was going to come together but it has. It is a very difficult and demanding piece.
So this has been our schedule lately.
Last Saturday - Requiem rehearsal 9am - 12pm
Sunday - usual 2 services and rehearsal 7:30am - 10:30am
Monday - Requiem rehearsal with orchestra 7pm - 10pm
Tuesday - regular weekly rehearsal for Easter Sunday 6:30pm - 8:30 pm
Wednesday (today) - dress rehearsal for Requiem 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Thursday - NOTHING rest my voice
Friday - 6pm - 9pm - rehearsal and performance
Saturday - Easter Sunday rehearsal 10am - 11:30am
Sunday - Easter services - 5:00am arrive for sunrise service, followed by 7am, 8:30am, 10:15 am and 11:45 services.
It is exhausting but I love to sing and so I am enjoying it immensely.
Oh - and of course, thank you to Luke for taking care of the kids so that I can do it!
1 comment:
I bet your choir will sound lovely! :) That is a look of work, thats for sure. My SIL is in a choir.
Post a Comment