I am starting to get a little depressed about our long haul in NYC. I mean, we had a days notice to get here and I had a return ticket in 10 days. Now I am here at least through the last week in October and if things go well - into November.
It is great that Luke and Julia are here. It will be hard to see them leave. Luke was able to pack more clothes for me and Nathan but I hadn't quite looked at the calendar to see that I could be here in November. I guess I will need more than 3 long-sleeved shirts.
I got some retail therapy today at an Aerosoles store at least. Gap is in my future as well. Lauren has so nice new duds courtesy of Baby Gap. I would not have spent that much on her (or me) at home but I am feeling entitled. Plus there is that whole thing of the more money you are spending the easier it is to keep spending.
I feel like life is going on without me at home and that I am in suspended animation. How will I ever get back into the swing of things? I already feel like some kind of alien among all the humans and when I get back it is really going to be exaggerated. If I do get home the first week of November it will most likely be for only one week. Part of me thinks that will be harder than staying. It helps if I try not to think of home.
So - do me a favor and relish the school drop-off and grocery shopping in a store with normal size carts for me next week.
1 comment:
Typically I loath going to the grocery store, especially for full-blown shopping for a week. This week I'll try and appreciate it :-)
Post a Comment