
Luke and Julia got home from New York this afternoon. He told me I had a message from a fellow NB mom to call her. She and I have been chatting now again since both of our children have relapsed and we live in the same town.
A few weeks ago she told me they had decided not to pursue further treatment. I asked her what led her to be able to make that decision because it is something I have been thinking about for the future. She was very open and shared with me all the reasons.
So - I am still in NYC and so I went online to view today's paper and was dismayed to see Neveah's obituary. When I heard I had a message I suspected it meant she had died but at the same time I wasn't expecting it. I was far more upset than I had anticipated. Her funeral is tomorrow and so I will wait until Thursday to call. I haven't a clue what I will say.
I wish I could be at the funeral and give her mom a hug.
I have never been to a funeral. Can you believe that? I have now missed two funerals that I thought I would attend if the day occurred. I fear that my very first funeral will be that of my child...in fact it almost seems destined to be that way...
To close - here is her obituary
3 comments:
Oh, Susan. What does one say to this?
{{{hug}}}
(((HUGS))) Honey.
It's your posts and links like these that remind me of truly how precious life and my kids are. To be more thankful of even the crappy routine every day things.
And although it breaks my heart that you are going through this journey because I can easily see that it could be me, I have to thank you. Your strength in your low moments have taught me to find my own strengths, that they are there.
You are an amazing woman and mother!!!!
Much love and prayers.
{{{{HUGS}}}} - I'm praying for the family. May your first be many many years away!
Post a Comment