On Sunday we had already decided to not go to church in the morning. The idea of me sitting in the choir loft during all the mother's day mentions was not appealling and singing the same song we sing every year on Mother's Day was not appealling either. So - we relaxed in the morning for a while and then Luke took the kids to church just to do his greeting/handicap assistance post but he wanted to leave me home in peace and people enjoyed the girls greeting.
They cam home with some sunflowers for me and we hung out the rest of the afternoon and had an early dinner and then went to the 5:30 service at church followed by a concert by Chi Rho - and men's acapella group from Wake Forest University.
All in all and good weekend and not terribly hard.
2 comments:
Sounds like fun! I celebrated the day by wearing jeans to church--the skinny (ok, and stretchy) jeans I have not worn since before the pregnancy. Whoo hoo!
Other than that, it was not the greatest day. Lots of kids not at their best. I looked back at the end of the day and realized that pretty much the only two times all the kids were content at the same time were when we were watching Adam Lambert on hulu or a Veggie Tales before bed. That says something!
Will call you later!
I am so jealous that you can figure out how to dress up your blogger. I can't even figure out how to get a header I like.
Post a Comment