Monday, June 02, 2008

Mean Mom

We went to Kansas City last weekend which is quite a hike for a weekend. So, today the girls and I have been laying low. They played around the house, Julia played a little bit on the wii and then they played outside until lunch and for a little while afterwards. Lauren took a nap and I let Julia play the wii for another HOUR.

Then she proceeded to follow me around while I did my things pouting and sighing until I told her to go find something to do or clean her room. Then I told her I really meant it and she went off and painted.

We have a lot of travel planned for the summer and I guess it is good because she gets bored very easily. Maybe I will just let her keep her room messy so I can pull that one out every day at naptime.

2 comments:

Zeynep said...

Hey that's not mean. That's totally accepted mom behaviour imo.

Anonymous said...

Allow the messy room so you can keep the "...or you can clean your room" threat. Not mean, but devious, oh so devious. I like it :-)