Saturday, June 14, 2008

Hello from Hilton Head

On Tuesday, very early in the morning, Luke dropped the girls and I off at the airport and we flew to my parent's house in Hilton Head Island, SC.

We have been hanging out - going to the beach and the pool. Here are some of the things that have gone on.

1. My almost 70 year old dad played a song for me from his iTunes playlist that he is currently enjoying - a hip-hop song I didn't really know.

2. The coast guard helicopter went right over us at the beach and I was hit by a wave of pain as it roared overhead that Nathan was not standing next to me enjoying it.

3. Julia was off playing with some other kids at the beach and two "big girls" came over to Lauren and invited her to help them dig some trenches in the sand and she played with them for quite a while - so sweet!

4. Back at home Luke watched landscapers tear apart and slowly start putting back together our backyard - which has been dirt for several years. In a few weeks we will finally have a backyard we can enjoy (and pay for) for many years to come.

Upcoming - Luke will be joining us and we will endure Monday, June 16 which would have been Nathan's eighth birthday.

Leaving you with some pictures.








3 comments:

Gberger said...

Happy Birthday to Nathan! I know that these days can be hard, but am stopping by to celebrate the fact that he was born, and that you got to be his mother. I hope Father's Day was a good one. Your trip sounds as if it was wonderful.
Blessings to all of you.

Jaime said...

Beautiful pictures, thank you for sharing. And Happy Birthday to Nathan, he is in the thoughts and hearts of many today. As are you and your family.

I hope you had a great Father's Day.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to beloved Nathan. I remember how much pain he had this time last year, and it must be such a struggle to miss so much hugging and holding and just being with your boy, while knowing how joyous and free from pain and just free period he surely is.

I once read a book called lovely bones and in the book everyone that died had their own version of Heaven. I can smile picturing Nathan's Heaven filled with Lego's, Playmobiles, CAT and Hess trucks and a quiet place for reading and thinking. I have to believe time in Heaven is different then here, for there is no suffering in heaven. While it must seem an impossibly long and heart breaking wait for you, as his mother, to see him again, for him I picture he is distracted with all the glory and then he will turn around and you will be there. And this time forever.

Your little boy touched my heart so. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't remember him, and though my own youngest boy I revel in all the glory of Legos and Hess trucks and make myself make time for that. And while I am enjoying my son, I always, always remember your brown eyed sweetheart and know how very privileged I was to have known of his precious life.

Happy Birthday Nathan. Your life held so much meaning on Earth, exactly as you were. You added to the world greatly and made it a broghter place, simply by being you. The many examples of bravery, courage, strength and determination along with joy, wonder and love I saw through my years of following your story I know made me a better person. You touched so many hearts and you will never be forgotten. You were one of the world's true Good Guys and always will be.

((((Susan)))) and I pray you can smile a little at your sweet memories thru the tears.

Rita B

thegr8bolli@yahoo.com