In last night's dream Julia was getting ready for school and then Nathan was standing there, in his John Deere shirt, jeans and John Deere hat and we said to each other that it was a shame he couldn't go to school too since he seemed to be feeling OK and was ready. We put Julia on the bus and took Nathan to school. Then he was much weaker and so I just cradled him in my arms like a baby and carried him around the school to see all the people there he loved. He was talking and smiling. We decided to go to the school library and we sat there and read books. As we ran into people who were obviously confused because he had died and been cremated. I just said, "we don't know why or how his body is here and it doesn't matter".
After a while we left to go home and I still carried him and he was as if weightless. Then, my dream ended.
9 comments:
I had my first dreams of Katie (alive again) recently, too -- the week before Easter. In my dreams, I knew that she had died, and I had the same question: How can she have a perfect body, since her body was cremated? No scars or bruises from shots, etc. It was lovely to see her and be with her. What a gift!
Thank you for sharing this.
First, I don't know anything about interpretting dreams or helping people work through grief, so I apologize if I give offense. But what an amazing subconscious struggle with resurrection. What does it mean to live eternally? That seems to be the question with which you wrestle.
At our Easter Service I lifted a prayer joy for Nathan, for his wonderful life, and for the good works he inspires.
Love,
JimII
I'm one of those people who believe that the spirits of our loved ones visit us in our dreams. I pray that your dream brought you peace and comfort. Your family is often in my thoughts and prayers.
I wish with all my heart I had the power to make that dream come true and give you one more day like that with him.
Rita B
I've had dreams like this, though not such an intense subject of course. The thing that your story evokes in me is that feeling of intense aching and longing that comes with waking and the realization it was just a dream.
For your sake, I hope you managed to take some of the happiness of being with Nathan with you into your day.
Love
Wow, what a dream. I echo what all the others have shared. I too, believe that those who have passed visit us in our dreams. I can only imagine you longing to be with him even more after a dream like that but hope that it gave you some comfort for at least a little bit. Reading your words took my breath away...
I had a dream of Nathan in December. He was wearing jeans, his John Deere shirt, those brown moc's and "my" orange hat. I knew he had died in my dream too but I could feel him and he was so sweet...just wanting to talk about the weather and how it was outside. In my dream I was both at peace being with him, and had a sense of urgency because though I was carrying him...people could not see him and I was desperately trying to figure out a way to get him to you and Luke if noone else could see him.
I lost a friend ten years ago this June. I dream of him often. He is alive and well in my dreams, interacting with the people of my life now, those who(m) he never had the opportunity to meet. I don't know that I am aware of him being dead in my dreams. I just know that he is there and he is well. I hope that as your blogger friends noted, he truly is visiting me in my dreams. I miss him and wish he could have known Jason.
-Jill O
Thanks for sharing this experience. May God bless you with peace and love.
Post a Comment