Yesterday, Julia was to go to a tea with a friend and later, Nathan was to go to an Air Force baseball game with Luke. Julia's friend was sick and so she didn't get to go to the tea. So, we decided Julia should go with Luke and Nathan to the game.
As they pulled away, Lauren cried and cried at the door. I yelled for Luke to stop and I decided that Lauren and I should go too. I hurried and locked up the house and grabbed Lauren's shoes and things and hopped in the van. As we approached the Air Force Academy - I looked down. I was barefoot.
A little searching of the van and I managed to produce a pair of Julia's neon green socks out of her backpack. So -on went the socks and we carried on from there. It was hot and the bleachers were metal - so my feet got a little bit toasted and I am sure some people thought I was crazy. We had a great time and it was no big deal.
I have a feeling I will be getting some flack from Luke for a while for this one.
As for the picture - before the game they had four men parachute down to the field. It was extremely cool.
4 comments:
I don't know if you've ever been accused of not being spontaneous, but you sure can't be now.
That is too funny. I sincerely you have not had dreams about going out without pants. . .
I probably would have dropped off the husband and kids, driven all the way back home to get shoes, and driven back and tried to find the family inside the stadium. I am amazed and proud of your humility! : )
Lisa
Thanks for sharing that story. Why bother with shoes when there are memories to be made? We could all learn a lesson from your shoeless adventure.
Hugs!
Amy
Connor's Mom
I'm mostly amazed by the fact that you were able to fit your feet into Julia's socks!
Beth
Post a Comment