Thursday, May 17, 2007

End of school craziness

My fellow parents of school-aged kids know of the multitude of end of school activities that take place this time of year. Both Nathan and Julia have had several such activities and their respective schools in the last week or so and Nathan has some more next week.

Trying to juggle these with an 18 month old is hard enough. Add in a sick kid who is going to school/or not/or coming home whenever/ to the schedule plus his doctor's appointments and you have the craziness.

It will be a relief when school is out next week.

I should mention that Luke has offered to help with all the juggling - but I feel like if I can make it work, even if complicated, I should so that he can work. After this fall - he doesn't exactly have time off to spare.

1 comment:

JimII said...

This stuff all happens so early when compared to working in an office and commuting home for 45 min. to an hour. So, basically Pat has to deal with every bit of while also running a preschool.

Working 40-50 hours plus driving 8-10 hours every week has drawbacks. Missing this kind of scheduling traumas is not one of them.