I attend a Mother's Day tea in Nathan's classroom today. I was happy to go - but it has left me mostly sad.
First the funny (or not - I can't decide)
On a laminated placement.
My Mom
My mom is.....Nice
My mom likes....Me
My mom knows....what I am like
My mom says...we can't do something until we clean
My mom can.....cook really nice
My mom wishes...me and my sister can clean up our own mess
My mom loves....me
My mom is.....nice
So - I am feeling a little like an ogre - but one who loves her son - and can cook.
These events are just excruciating to attend. All these healthy kids and their moms. I am just so jealous that they will probably get to attend many more of these events in their child's life and this may (probably is?) be the last one I ever will attend with Nathan.
I held it together until a mom from from Nathan's Kindergarten class stopped me in the hall to say Hi and I started crying and had to apologize and leave.
I try so hard to be in the day, to be happy in the moment - but I am just not succeeding much today. It doesn't help that Nathan came home from school a while later. He is limping, has a low-grade fever and took a nap. Crossing my fingers someone else "gets it" so it is not the cancer.
4 comments:
I try so hard to be in the day, to be happy in the moment - but I am just not succeeding much today.
But of course, you are living in the day. You are there drinking in the experience, and crying your eyes out while your doing it.
BTW, I think it is cool as hell that your room cleaning struggles were reflected in Nathan's comments. It is such a testament to the marvelous life you've created for him that the word cancer appears nowhere in this list. That is truly remarkable to me.
Not only do you love your son, and can you cook, but your nice. And that's even being fully aware of the fact that sometime you don't let him do something until he cleans his room. That's pretty frickin good.
Love,
JimII
I was going to say something, but Jim did a far better job than me.
All my love,
Beth
Just wanted you to know that I am thinking about you and praying for many more special and wonderful times for you and Nathan to enjoy together. You are cared about greatly, Susan. I am sorry that yesterday was tough...and I hope Nathan is feeling much improved today so that you can have a wonderful Mother's Day tomorrow. Do you have plans?? Maybe the weather will be gorgeous and you can have another picnic at the beautiful park.
Thoughts are with you often throughout the day!
peace and God's blessings upon YOU ALL!
love -- Katie
Happy Mother's Day Susan. I hope you have a very special day.
Post a Comment