Sunday, April 16, 2006

My Easter treats

Those of you who know me know I am not overly "girly" but I admit I was excited to be able to buy matching dresses for my little girls for the first time. Nathan picked out his new tie.

I have been a singing fool these past two weeks. I attending 12 hours of rehearsals and sang in seven services. I even missed 4 hours of rehearsals and 4 services. I woke up at 3:30 am this morning to nurse Lauren and get ready to go to church by 5:00 am. I sang in an outdoor sunrise service at a nearby park. It was a very cool experience (leterally and figuratively) and definately worth the lack of sleep. Afterwards we all rushed to busses and I sang in the 7:00 am and 8:30 am services as well. Luke brought the kids at 8:00 so I could quickly nurse Lauren in the cry room between services and then we all went home after the 8:30 service.

We just got back from a family walk. The weather is absolutely perfect. It is 70 degrees, sunny and 13% humidity.

Luke is putting Lauren down for a nap and Nathan and Julia are sequestered in the basement for maximum quietness. The sun is streaming in the window and there is a gentle breeze blowing through the room. Ahh....

Ok - well that was a nice moment - but the kids are upstairs again. Lauren is still sleeping at least...for the moment...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The outdoor service sounds neat.