Friday, October 22, 2010

Memorial Done!

I have been remiss in posting about the memorial for Nathan we were working on at the school.  This is the post I wrote about it a year ago.

There were some delays after that in regards to getting the cement slab poured.  The assistant principle ended up doing it himself and also installing the bench and plaque.  The butterfly garden is his pet project at the school.  It was put in this summer and then the plaque was put on shortly after school started.  Luke and I went to see it this summer but then I wanted to wait until the plaque was on to see it again.  Also, it is quite bittersweet and so I wasn't exactly chomping at the bit to go back but we took Luke's parents over there while they were here last weekend.

Here is it - and as you can see Lauren was cold and not wanting to pose!

Thank you to everyone who contributed to his memorial fund.  This is not the only use of the funds but one of the more visible.






6 comments:

Will's Dad said...

It looks wonderful

Josh said...

It's lovely. Looks like a pretty setting, too.

Tammy said...

I want to see it in person one day. When I see it, it reminds me of that great video of Nathan reading to Lauren. I watch that whenever I want to hear his voice!

Bethany said...

It is wonderful. I would love to see it in the spring or summer when the garden is blooming.

Daelyn Fortney said...

It's beautiful. :-)

JimII said...

So cool. I love those sculptures. We have similar pieces in downtown Mesa. Very engaging.