Thursday, August 14, 2008

Oops

This afternoon Julia and Lauren were playing and I put my iPod on and was reading a recipe in the kitchen. After several minutes I looked up and saw Julia in the family room with tears streaming down her face. I hit pause on my iPod and asked her what the matter was. Sobbing, she asked me why I kept ignoring her and wouldn't answer her.

I pointed out my iPod and she got over it but I was surprised at how upset and hurt she was. Poor thing.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's kind of funny. I could never do that because I can't trust my kids for 2 seconds. ;) Poor sweet Julia, though.

OMH said...

Ohhhhh poor thing. Did you suggest she come find you if you don't answer right away?

BTW she looked darling her first day of school! How did her week go?

Gberger said...

OW. That is sad, and it sounds as if it hurt on both sides. So glad that you were able to comfort her and explain.
When I am reading or writing, I hear background noise as just that: noise. I do not register the content of what is being said. It is frustrating to my son, I know. I have to apologize and ask him to repeat himself.

~A~ said...

Yeah, that happens here too. Especially when I'm doing dishes. I trained the kids to just tap my shoulder and if it's really important they can take out an earbud.