Monday, July 09, 2007

Sorry Mrs. Bluetooth

So - I was mega-stressed today. Long story, lots of stuff...

pain
too many health care professionals with too many different opinions
19 month old who just wants to be with her mommy
mommy who just wants to be with her 19 month old
pain, pain and more pain
narcotics after narcotics
road construction all the way to the clinic
new nurses
me gaining weight
my way too long hair getting in my way constantly
crappy decisions involving pain suffering and death of my son
consulting doctors not returning main doctors calls

Anyway... I was getting into the car getting ready to call Luke and using my bluetooth headset.

Me: "Call Home"
Phone: "Did you say, call home?" (said in the sugary computer voice)
Me: "Yes!" in the nastiest rudest voice I have

I am taking my frustrations out on the phone now I guess. I t almost made me laugh after I said it. At least no one I love had to be the recipient of it.

8 comments:

Myndi said...

LOL Susan. I think its great that you still have a sense of humor given all the terrible stress you are under. I hope you can find the best way to deal with Nathan on the medical front, all of the trouble with that has to make it even worse for you guys. I know I am saying it again, but PLEASE let me know if you need anything at all. ((((VIRTUAL HUGS)))) coming your way. Praying for you all.

Anonymous said...

Isn't it great that they have made technology so realistic that it too asks stupid questions.

(((HUGS)))

Lindsay said...

I agree with Myndi and ~A~, but wanted to let you know I'm thinking of all of you.

Unknown said...

Woman I didn't expect to come to your blog to make me laugh today. That was funny!

Anonymous said...

Instant software startup. The virtual peon we have all always wanted to have so we could abuse :-)

JimII said...

I'm with Josh. A virtual, emotional punching bag. Man, that could really be something valuable.

Matt Dick said...

Do androids cry electric tears?

Kelly Stockwell said...

Praying for you tonight...