Friday, February 16, 2007

Evangelical Oncologist

I read several medical blogs. One of them is a blog written by pediatric oncologist. I wanted to share a recent post that really touched me.

Here is a snippet
"I can tell you that nine out of ten people who learn that I’m a pediatric oncologist look at me as if I just told them that my dog had been run over by car. One out of ten, on the other hand, “get it”. They understand how amazing this work can be, how lucky we are to be able to serve our patients, and the joy of living that comes from living the full range of emotions with your patients. In order to make the other nine people open their eyes to the needs of oncology, it’s going to take a little something more than just showing them pictures of kids without hair. It’s going to take a little evangelizing."

Evangelical Oncologist

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's quite a blog. That is someone passionate about their work. I've always been one of the 9 out of 10. I'm not sure I have the courage to be one of the 1 out of 10.