Thursday, July 06, 2006

Can't escape it

So - we have been doing the mail DVD rental thing again. I received Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants and decided to watch it last night. I figured it would be a light, easy movie to watch . A minor spoiler follows.

About halfway through it happened....

A character is found to be dying of Leukemia. Huh? Where did that come from.

Geesh - if we can't escape childhood cancer in a movie like that, where can we?

Sigh

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Susan: I wish I'd have known what you were going to watch. I took my 13 year old daughter last summer to see that movie and I was pregnant with Jacob at the time; I was crying like crazy. I was expecting the worst thing would be seeing how other teenage girls behave :)

Anonymous said...

In her shoes is a good chick flick to watch. It's a little deep, a little light, and pretty much fun. Nothing spectacular but fun.

Or there's always Monty Python's Holy Grail. Just blood and guts, no cancer.

xoxo

fivedreamin said...

Haven't seen the movie yet, but I am sure it was frustrating to see it with how cancer is affecting your family. HUgs!