Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Back images

I finally got all my medical records and my MRI.  The three of you who read hear may not be interested but I'm posting them here for posterity.

This image shows the disk between the L4 and L5 vertebra pushed out into the spinal canal and pushing in the nerves (the dark line). You can also see the vertebra above and below are bulging as well.  They are still like that and may cause me further issue.


Next is a level of my spine above the injury which shows a normal disk and the white area that has the black dots.  Those black dots are the nerve roots.  The picture after that shows the level of the extruded disc - completely displacing the nerve roots...can't see them.  I think...I have been shown these with an explanation so trying to recreate that from my memory.



I'm a data person...I like having a visual representation of what happened.  I've still been asking many questions of my physical therapist.  More on that next post.

2 comments:

Blessed said...

Wow--really interesting (and amazingly crystal clear) images.

Can I just say though, that the first image made me think, "ohhh, sexy back." ; )

shadowfax said...

Whooooo. I see it. Impressive.