Thursday, March 12, 2015

Small wins

Luke's been gone for work this week.  These were my small victories...

1.  I helped with linear algebra homework twice! I normally stay clear and everyone is happier that I do, but I knew this week's work.  Yay!

2.  Successfully navigated the weeks activity schedule solo.  It's built so it can be done but it is a pain.  Highlights include Wednesday...Take Julia (with Lauren in tow) at 7:00 am to school across town (turning around once to get forgotten dress clothes) drive back home.  Take Lauren to her bus and drive back into rush hour and go downtown to work.  Come home from work, get Lauren from bus and drive to Julia's school for a orchestra performance (dinner included at least). Rush downtown to church for choir rehearsals for all three of us.  Drive home.  Violin practice was not achieved that day but we made it everywhere pretty much on time and I got my work done so that was good.  Monday was also a record setting day for number of round trips...but most of them were very close to home. Lauren helpfully pointed out to me that I drove to and from her school 3 times today.

3.  Did all the laundry, but did not fold it...yet...the night is still young!  (kidding...not gonna happen)

Anyway...it's pretty silly - I've got it easy but it was the homework victory that made my night.  Especially since Lauren then asked me to teach her long division.  I taught her and warned her common core probably won't do it the way I do it but they are both right!

1 comment:

Blessed said...

Not only am I not blogging much, but sometimes I don't even get to read blogs in the morning. But still--I love hearing about such slices of life from you, so I need to get you on my blog sidebar again or something so that I don't miss your posts! Can you put a subscribe by email button on? I've never heard of the other options given! : )

Your week sounded. . . tiring. But I totally know the feeling of having a very hard schedule and ROCKING IT. It feels great! So good for you on that! And I'm so glad we're homeschooling, because even though the charter school is supporting common core curriculum, we have the option of still doing things the old way. And that's totally fine by me. I figure here during the national transition there will be kids who don't learn that and kids that do, so we're still good. : )