Saturday, January 07, 2012

December 2011

Happy New Year!

December was a good and busy month.  You'll notice the lack of Dance pictures this year.  Neither girl is doing dance.  Julia chose Musical Theater (see pictures from last month where she is dressed in a hat - she is a Newsie)  Lauren decided that rushing off to ballet right after a full day of school didn't suit her.  The second Monday she started crying right off the bus and asked if she had to go right to dance.  She is doing full-day kindergarten, violin, and children's choir at church and that is enough for now.  She would love to be taking swimming lessons but we cannot fit them into the schedule because they are either twice a week after school or Saturday mornings, and both girls have group music lessons most Sat. mornings.

I was busy with my choir's annual large Christmas Concert and then the usual December rush, along with a little bit of work.

Luke's parents came out for Christmas and we had a wonderful time with them.  I rounded out the year with the NOON Year's Eve event for the Children's Museum we are trying to build here in town.

As far as grief goes - this Christmas season was easier to handle than previous Christmases, and I am grateful for that.

(rss readers...slideshow below)

1 comment:

Anna said...

I got really homesick for all of you looking at these.