I mentioned a few posts ago I need to show you why Luke and I were the lamest couple at the marriage retreat.
We were lucky and got up there early, dealing with some crummy traffic in Denver, but not nearly as bad as those who came after us. We check in at the desk and proceeded over the the picture station. At first I thought they were doing some construction over by the stairs but quickly realized it was all part of the weekend theme, "Marriage, Extreme Heart Makeover Edition" or something like that. There was tape and cones and vests so I asked the picture taker if we had to dress up for the pictures and I was told no. So, we didn't.
Later as they began taping the pictures up I saw that EVERYONE else had used the props.
On Saturday night, we had a "contest" that involved competing as small groups, some involving silly things. Luke and I then just declared that we were lame and our picture was proof. We just aren't into play-acting, being goofy, pretending AT ALL. Not one bit. We could have done the picture, but being that it was a marriage weekend and we concluded that we are very happy together, why not just be lame together?

4 comments:
I really think that owning your lameness makes you less lame. A couple who is really put off by the dress up and play acting, but nonetheless half-heartedly participates is more lame. Yours is the lameness that borders on wrapping all the way around and being cool.
You are both incredibly kind-hearted and sincere, so if that's what lame is, sign me up!
um, i SO would not have used the props either. Uh, uh!
I am more than willing to use props, but I couldn't role play in front of other people. As willing as I am to be ridiculous, I can't muster it up on demand.
Post a Comment