Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Sick Sick Sick

I wrote on Saturday on Nathan's page that I was sure some kind of crash was coming. It did.

I spent 8 hours in the ER on Sunday. Hope this isn't TMI but after a cat scan I left with a diagnosis of colitis and a wayward IUD. I took it easy yesterday - got the IUD taken care of and went to bed. I woke up this morning very nauseas and threw up all morning and am currently still feeling like crap.

I was remembering that I got very sick during Nathan's first surgery in NY and also during his stem cell transplant. I can't help but wonder if my body is just revolting from the incredible stress.

The last time I threw up this morning, I said to myself that I simply could not take anymore. I could not handle anymore. Thankfully the throwing up ceased.

I really need my body to heal now - I have no tolerance for any of this.

14 comments:

BillyBob said...

I was a late comer to your blog, and your beautiful boy's struggle, I am praying for you and your family in this most difficult time. I cannot even imagine how hard this must be, and I wish you the best, may you get well, soon. ,sincerely, from Commerce city Colo, Bobby.

Lindsay said...

Oh Susan, I hope you get some relief soon from your sickies. HUGS

Lizzie said...

Susan,
Even tho we don't know each other, you have been in my daily prayers. Your poor body has been through such a trauma. Be gentle with yourself as it may take some time to heal. Grief is a funny thing and so is the body. I hope you are able to get some sleep. Take care. Lizzie

Kate said...

Susan,

They say when it rains it pours. I think Noah might be knocking on your door at this rate. I hope you feel better. When I read this post my thoughts went to you and Luke and how you guys simply shouldn't have to take anymore.

Get better and REST (!) or I'll have to come and kick your ass. (At least that will be an excuse to buy you a much needed cup of coffee at B&N).

Keep us posted.

xoxo

Kate

Awesome Mom said...

I hope that you feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

Seriously, I know it's easier said than done but take care of yourself. If friends or family offer to take the girls for a couple hours, let them and you go take a nap.

You've been so strong for your family, make sure you (and Luke) take time to take care of yourselves.

xoxo

Myndi said...

Oh no Susan, I have been thinking of you alot since Sunday. I am SO sorry your body is not behaving. As someone else said, you guys shouldn't have to take anymore! Take the time to rest and get better. Thinking of you guys and sending our love.

Anonymous said...

Susan,
I really hope you are feeling better soon. How miserable!

Beth

Anna said...

Feel better, Susan.

Vanda said...

I hope you have started feeling better by now. Take care.

Kate said...

Do you have your feet up?

You must take care of yourself!

(((HUG)))

Kate

Anonymous said...

(((HUGS))) I think your body has been holding on for so long, it just had to let go. Take care of yourself Susan! I hope you know we all care about you and don't want to have to beat you to keep you down. ;) Please let me know if you need anything!!!! More (((hugs)))

Daelyn Fortney said...

I hope you feel better soon. :-)

JimII said...

Fun Fact: TMI not only means "too much information," it also means Three Mile Island to those in the know. Making the phrase, Hope this isn't TMI but, more confusing to such people than it would be to normal people.
* * *
I choose to believe there everyone has as much trouble preventing irrelevant, out of context things from popping into their heads, but only a few of us are willing to share.