I have written about Mother's Day many times...here I go again.
This year I keep coming across other bereaved moms expressing how I feel - and I can't tell you what a comfort that is to me. The bittersweet, the empty arms, the missing child in the photo, the desire to avoid church and all its hoopla that day.
I recently found a group of bereaved moms here in town. That has been a huge blessing because I just need to be in their company from time to time - to be with other moms who understand. We are having a mother's day brunch on Saturday. At that table we will be completely comfortable with our shared discomfort with Mother's Day. What a relief!
Kudos to Luke who is coming home from a week of travel late tonight and leaving again on a red-eye Sunday night for being more than willing to run the girls around to and fro so I can attend.
1 comment:
People who have experienced what you have can be a great comfort. How nice that you have met some!
Post a Comment