Monday, April 05, 2010

He said it

I have another post about Good Friday/Easter I am working on but will post this brief one first.

In a part of the Easter sermon, our Sr. Pastor talked about the foolish things Christians say to other Christians who are grieving.  How they make comments about "Heaven has another angel" and other such platitudes about how we should be happy that our loved one is in heaven.  He went on to say that death is a horrible awful thing and that it was never part of God's plan for the world.  Jesus wept with his loved one who were grieving and that is what we should do too.

Can I get an Amen?!

1 comment:

Will's Dad said...

Wow....that is NOT a take you ever hear in church but it certainly is the truth. That must have resonated with you as if you were standing inside the world's largest church bell as it was struck 12 times at noon.