So today I took the girls for a haircut.
One of the stylists says to me "so do you have any more children?"
See, these are the kinds of questions you get asked everyday. As I have said before, everyday life is full of painful reminders. It comes up ALL the TIME when you have other children and people are making small talk. I am getting used to these things by now and have come to find what is right for me.
So my answer, "yes, I have a son but he passed away"
I am never, not going to mention Nathan when I am asked such a direct question. I just can't do it. I am sorry if some people are uncomfortable with it, but life itself, can be quite uncomfortable.
Most of the time, people are fine. I have to hear the "awws" and then they usually ask a few questions.
p.s. sorry for the lack of posts, we have been on vacation for two weeks so I will probably post a bunch in the next few days. Scroll down for a post from earlier today.
1 comment:
That is the perfect response, Susan. I think I would probably do the same. Nathan is still and will always be your child.
Of course, this is one more reason to be a "regular" at places like a hair salon!
Post a Comment