Seven years ago I gave birth to my first child, Nathan. I became a mother. I was instantly in love.Seven years later I am "celebrating" Nathan's last birthday.
When you give birth to a child you never imagine your time with them could be so limited.
I think of holding Nathan in my arms and imagining his future. It is just so wrong that he isn't going to have one. That I don't get to witness the man he would have become.
I no longer really imagine the futures of Julia and Lauren. I find that to do so seems such a luxury and I just can't afford it. Instead of expecting them to grow up - I really hope it will happen. I do not take it for granted. It is a loss of something most have as parents. You expect your children to grow up. I will never expect that again.
The joy I have in my other children can never be as carefree as it could have been because it is tempered by knowing I could lose them too.
It should probably be a happy day but it is not. I am sure next year it will be an even worse day - so I am trying to make myself be happy that today he is here with us. It is hard.
10 comments:
I don't know what to say, but I don't want to read and comment. I have been thinking about you guys all day.
What a beautiful baby, and a wonderful child.
Hugs for you all.
((((((((((((((hug)))))))))))))
Lisa
HAPPY BIRTHDAY NATHAN~
He was a adorable baby and a very handsome little boy!
Sending our Happy Birthday wishes to Nathan. :-)
I am at a loss for words as well. Just know that there are MANY people out there thinking and praying for you guys. I wish I could give you a HUG IRL. (((((HUGS)))))
I have the privilege of remembering you and baby Nathan from I-Village. He has always been beautiful.
We're keeping you in our hearts here.
Love,
JimII
(((HUGS))))
Nathan is precious. My hopes that you have a good day (and lots of delicious cake). Kindest Regards.
Post a Comment